Karen Sikora and I have been working dilligently to prepare the proposed changes to the ByLaws and the Rules and Regulations. Here is a copy of the proposed "Rules and Regulations".
Most of the changes which have been made are based on requests made by the Lakes & Parks Patrol group which they feel will clarify the rules that they are attempting to see enforced.
The "Rules and Regulations" have never been considered part of the ByLaws. At the November 13th meeting we are going to propose that they become a part of the ByLaws. Therefore there is a proposed change in the ByLaws which reads: The IPOIA Rules and Regulations as amended 11/13/2010 is to be included as part of these By-Laws.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Ivanhoe. Please contact me if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Bennet & Karen Sikora
IVANHOE PROPERTY OWNERS
IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Revised November 2010
We wish to welcome all new property owners and to thank those property owners who in the past have cooperated in keeping Ivanhoe safe and enjoyable.
The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Ivanhoe Property Owners Improvement Association to help maintain a safe and peaceful atmosphere in Ivanhoe and to protect your property and your facilities. With joint cooperation we can build this area’s finest community. Art. III, Section 10 of IPOIA by-laws gives the Board of Directors the power to enforce Rules and Regulations by legal action.
1. EXCLUSIVE USE BY PROPERTY OWNERS
1 Ivanhoe Parks and Lakes are property of the Ivanhoe Property Owners Improvement Association and are for the use and enjoyment of members in good standing of said IPOIA and their authorized guests.
2 PROPERTY OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR GUESTS FROM THE TIME THEY ENTER THE ENTRANCE UNTIL THEY LEAVE IVANHOE. Property owners who have guests utilizing IPOIA facilities must be available by phone and the property owner’s phone number will be on each guest pass.
Discharging of firearms in Ivanhoe is strictly PROHIBITED. This includes BB guns and air rifles.
Littering is prohibited in all Ivanhoe lakes, parks, and roads. Violators will be subject to prosecution under the Health and Safety Code of the State of Texas.
4. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND ILLEGAL DRUGS
NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in any public area such as parks, lakes, community center, roads, etc. Illegal drugs are prohibited.
5. LAKE REGULATIONS
1. All lakes and parks are reserved for Ivanhoe Property Owners in good standing and authorized guests.
2. Only property owners and their immediate families will be allowed to launch watercraft. All watercraft must be registered and decal applied before launching. A dated, color coded guest pass will be issued to guest watercraft.
3 No boats with outside vented exhausts will be permitted; all boats with automotive engines must have a proper muffler system.
4. Lake Charmaine is used for skiing, swimming, boating and fishing. Skiing and jet propelled watercraft are prohibited on all other lakes. The speed limit for the fishing lakes is 5 m.p.h.. The legal age for operating jet propelled watercraft is 16.
5. Ski boats must have a driver, observer, and legal mirror in the boat while towing a skier. Jet propelled watercraft must have a driver, observer, and legal mirror in the boat while towing a skier. Jet propelled watercraft must have a legal mirror.
6. Watercraft (including jet propelled watercraft) must keep to the right and observe the 35 m.p.h. maximum speed limit. No racing type watercraft is allowed nor is any watercraft allowed to race on the lakes. Watercraft must be removed from the lake if found speeding, using unsafe boating practices, and/or violating lake regulations.
7. Water skiers and persons on personal watercraft must wear flotation devices. All watercraft must carry ample flotation devices.
8. No water skiing or jet propelled watercraft will be permitted 1/2 hour before sunrise and must stop 1/2 hour after sunset. No watercraft will be permitted on lakes without running lights after dark.
9. Sailing craft and fishing boats have the right-of-way at all times.
10. No swimming at the boat launch ramp. Swimmers using the swim area at the parks must remain within the enclosed areas. Swimmers and flotation rafts are not permitted in the boating lanes.
11. Trout lines are NOT permitted on Lake Charmaine or Lake Ivanhoe. No seining/netting is permitted on any lake. Please observe legal limits when fishing.
12. Piers are not to exceed 50 feet from shore line. (Permit required for new pier or modification of old one.)
13. There will be an Ivanhoe Boat Patrol as necessary.
14. Boat trailers and vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
15. Swim at your own risk.
6. WATERCRAFT REGISTRATION
1. All watercraft must be registered at the Association Office. To register your watercraft, please bring owner registration form. Property ownership will be verified.
2. All watercraft must have a current Ivanhoe watercraft decal.
3. All watercraft not identified with watercraft decal must be removed from the lake.
7. MOTOR VEHICLE DECAL AND REGULATION
1. Property owners wishing to use IPOIA facilities must display a current year decal on all their vehicles including golf carts. (see state regulations pertaining to golf carts)
2. If possible, the vehicle decal will be placed on the windshield in the lower left corner above the license decal on the drivers side. Do not place decals in the tinted area of the windshield.
3. Decals will be issued to specific vehicles and are not transferable. .
4. Decals will be issued only by the IPOIA office. Only official color coded guest passes originating from the IPOIA office will be honored.
8. TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Speed limits have been set in Ivanhoe by the Texas Department of Transportation. Speed limit signs have been erected by TxDot and are enforced by radar. Reckless driving will be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. All vehicles must yield at all uncontrolled intersections and use caution to avoid accidents. All vehicles must obey all traffic control signs.
There will be NO PARKING on dams.
9. SECURITY– SAFETY
Call 911 for emergencies and fires
Call (409)283-2172 (Tyler County Sheriff’s Office)
1. Vehicles are not to enter dams when occupied by the school bus.
2. School buses are to use yellow flashing lights when on the dams.
3. Vandalism or criminal mischief may be prosecuted to the legal limits
4. Damages to or removal of street or traffic control signs may result in charges of theft.
10. PARK REGULATIONS
1. Curfew in all public areas is 11:00 p.m. All such areas must be cleared and all persons gone from these areas by this time.
2. Noises and music must be kept at a level that will not be disturbing to nearby homes.
3. Overnight camping in parks or along the roadside is strictly prohibited.
4. Swimming is allowed in designated areas with no lifeguard available, so swim at your own risk in designated areas. Do not leave young children unattended.
5. Parks are maintained for your enjoyment. Please dispose of picnic or camper trash by using a commercial carrier or taking it home with you.
6. Playground equipment is available in some of the parks. Injuries may occur while using said equipment. Use at your own risk.
7. No pets allowed in the Community Center or swimming areas. Pets are to be on a leash in parks and boat launch areas.
8. No horses will be permitted in Parks or Lake Areas.
11. COMMUNITY CENTER REGULATIONS
1. The Community Center Building is available for property owners to rent for their family functions. For information about rental and use, call the Association Office. A complete set of Community Center Rules is available at the office.
2. The Community Center Building may be rented to the property owner. You will be required to pay the clean up and key deposit fee when the Center is reserved. The rental fee is due at the time the key is picked up. The clean up and key deposit will be returned to you if the building is left clean, garbage removed and there has been no damage to the facilities. Please submit two separate checks; one for rental and one for your deposit.
3. Facilities are rented on a first come, first served basis. Please make reservations early.
4. The Community Center can be rented to the property owner only. It is for family type activities only.
5. On all occasions the property owner renting the facility must be in attendance while the building is rented or in use.
6. The Community Center may NOT be rented for any three day holiday weekend. It will be retained for use by the property owners in general on holiday weekends.
7. The Community Center is a park area; therefore, all alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
8. The responsibility of closing and locking the building after use belongs to the property owner who rented the building.
9. Vehicles and trailers are prohibited on walkways and pavilion slab. IT IS NOT A LOADING OR UNLOADING AREA.
PIT BULLDOGS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN IVANHOE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
DOGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED “DANGEROUS DOGS” BY THE DEFINITION BELOW ARE NOT ALLOWED IN IVANHOE PARKS OR LAKE AREAS.
(SEE CITY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, SECTION 5.7A FOR FURTHER REGULATION INFORMATION)
Subchapter D.—Dangerous Dogs (State Law)
“Dangerous Dog” means a dog that:
• Makes an unprovoked attack on a person that causes bodily injury and occurs in a place other than an enclosure in which the dog was being kept and that was reasonably certain to prevent the dog from leaving
the enclosure on its own; or
• Commits unprovoked acts in a place other than an enclosure in which the dog is being kept and that was reasonably certain to prevent the dog from leaving the enclosure on its own and those acts cause a person to reasonably believe that the dog will attack and cause bodily injury to that person.
“Owner” means a person who owns or has custody or control of the dog.
Subchapter C.– Rabies Vaccinations
826.921 Vaccination of dogs and cats required (State Law)
A veterinarian who vaccinates a dog or cat against rabies shall issue to the animals owner a vaccination certificate in a form that
meets the minimum standards approved.
826.022 Vaccination; Criminal Penalty
A person commits an offense if the person fails or refuses to have each dog or cat owned by the person vaccinated against rabies. An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor. Fines under this section up to $500.00
13. RENTAL OF PRIVATE RESIDENCE
• The Ivanhoe Property Owners Improvement Association welcomes you as a renter to the Ivanhoe Community. As a renter you are subject to all rules and regulations.
• You, as a renter or lessor of any Ivanhoe property, are entitled to purchase a decals which are available at the Association office. You are required to present proof of residency such as rental receipt or utility bill issued in your name. To purchase a decal, proof of vehicle ownership is required.
14. RESIDENTS OF IVANHOE 1, 2, 3 & 4
Parks, Lakes and Dams are private property for use by Ivanhoe property owners and invited guests only. The IPOIA Board has provided for property owners in Ivanhoe 1, 2, 3, & 4 to be able to enjoy the facilities belonging to and controlled by the IPOIA by providing proof of property ownership and payment of $6.00 per lot annually.
TYLER COUNTY SHERIFF (409)283-2172
MONARCH UTILITY (Water) (800)909-7984
SAM HOUSTON ELECTRIC (409)283-8251
IVANHOE PROPERTY OWNERS
ASSOCIATION OFFICE (409)283-3653
SALES OFFICE 409)283-3110
IVANHOE VOLUNTEER FIRE
TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL (409)283-8141
TYLER COUNTY TAX OFFICE (409)283-2734
WOODVILLE POST OFFICE (409)283-2191
HILLISTER POST OFFICE (409)283-5793
TYLER COUNTY EMERGENCY
MANAGEMENT OFFICE (409)331-0874
IPOIA Office Hours:
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
9 AM to 1 PM.
THE IPOIA WANTS IT TO BE KNOWN THAT THE FOLLOWING MISCONDUCT ON ASSOCIATION PROPERTY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH:
1. INTOXICATION AND ALCOHOL USAGE
2. DRUG AND NARCOTIC POSSESSION & USAGE
3. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF-DEFACING AND DESTROYING PROPERTY
5. PROFANE LANGUAGE
6. THEFT OF ASSOCIATION PROPERTY OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS
7. LEWED CONDUCT OR NUDITY ON OR AROUND THE PUBLIC AREAS
8. SWIMMING IN BOATING LANES IS PROHIBITED. SWIMMERS MUST STAY IN DESIGNATED AREAS
9. GLASS CONTAINERS ARE PROHIBITED
Ivanhoe Parks and Lakes are property of the Ivanhoe Property Owners Improvement Association and are for the use and enjoyment of members in good standing of said IPOIA and their authorized guests. All others will be denied entry or asked to vacate IPOIA property.
Failure by a member in good standing to comply with the rules of conduct while on IPOIA property will result in said member being asked to vacate the property immediately. Any further misconduct by said member will result in extended suspension of privileges.
Failure by a family member of a member in good standing or guest of a member in good standing to comply with the rules of conduct while on IPOIA property will result in said family member or guest being asked to vacate the property immediately and guest passes, if any, will be confiscated and the member responsible for the family member or guest will notified.
Any further misconduct by said family member of a member in good standing or guest of a member in good standing will result in extended suspension of privileges of the party or parties involved.